Placement Activities through
Xavier’s Management Student’s Association (XMA)
XMA is a student run membership society of Management Students at St. Xavier’s Catholic College of Engineering. The XMA exists to provide a social, economic, industrial and cultural outlet for our members, supplement classroom education, and connect with the local business community. We connect our students with a nation-wide network of academic and professional development opportunities.Our goal is to ensure that each and every one of our members gets the opportunity to acquire the skills, resources, and contacts necessary to succeed after graduation while assisting them in creating a broad and diverse social network. The XMA achieves this by:
- Organizing educational meetings, workshops and management fests in and outside the classroom
- Providing opportunities for students to network with each other and with the business community
- Introducing XMA members to individuals in the business community, both local and non-local.
‘Begin a Career in Management and Build a Professional Network’
The XMA provides participating students the opportunity to accelerate their professional development within a fun and social collegiate atmosphere. Members gain direct experience in a variety of business fields, including Marketing, Advertising, Finance, Human Resource, Production, Quality management, Export & Import and event planning, through involvement in:
- Professional Workshops
- Semi-annual leadership symposiums – ‘Xibita’
- Business plan development&Paper Presentations
- Guest Lectures, Industrial Visits&Industrial Training
- Soft Skill Development programs
- Management Games, Teamwork Games
- Personality Development Trainings
- Problem solving/conflict resolution exercises
- Professional outreach and networking events
By attending XMA events management students will have the opportunity to kick-start their own careers, as well as learn more about the business world and the industry they wish to enter.
XMA events are free, and the opportunities and ideas our students take away will be invaluable.
XMA exists to help Students Bridge the gap between classroom theory and the actual business environment.
We do this by providing our students with networking and mentoring opportunities at events that are held throughout the year.
Connecting students to the business world is our priority.
Xibita– a Semi-annual leadership Management fest
This program, a Management Fest aimed at all the Management students, is a platform for the students to exhibit their talents. On this theme of exhibiting the talents,
the Name of the program is so decided to be Xibita 7.0 with the base line of Xplore! Xpose!! Xcel!!!
This Fest is to be conducted for Management students in the odd semester and Undergraduate students in even semester every year with the same name but different version numbers