NATIONAL CADET CORPS (NCC)
The Indian Parliament passed the National Cadet Corps Act in 1948, thus creating the National Cadet Corps (NCC) in our country.
AIMS OF NCC
• To develop character, comradeship, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure and the ideals of selfless service amongst the youth of the country.
• To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivated youth, to provide leadership in all walks of life and always available for the service of the nation.
• To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
The motto of NCC is “Unity and Discipline”. ‘Unity’ implies our basic oneness, the brotherhood of all the Indian people regardless of their caste, colour or creed. Likewise, ‘Discipline’ is the very bedrock on which any nation is founded. It is for these reasons this has been adopted as motto of the NCC.
ENROLMENT OF NCC CADETS
• The NCC is open to all regular students of Schools and Colleges on a voluntary basis. Boys/Girls studying in VIII and IX standards are admitted in Junior Division/Junior Wing. A cadet must have attained the age of 13 years on the day of enrolment.
• Boys/Girls studying I/II/III year degree course are enrolled in Senior Division/Senior Wing.
• The Cadets have been divided into the following categories:
(a) The NCC in College/Polytechnic/University level is known as ‘Company’.
(i) Senior Division - Boys (ii) Senior Wing - Girls
(b) The NCC in School level is known as ‘Troop’.
(i) Junior Division - Boys (ii) Junior Wing - Girls
NCC IN OUR COLLEGE
In the year 2003 NCC was started in our College to groom the students as worthy citizens and future leaders of our Nation. Our company 8/11 is an Army Wing attached to 11(TN) BN NCC, Nagercoil. It is functioning with 104 cadets and one ANO.
Our College conducts 35 parades per academic year, which include foot drill, weapon drill, map reading etc. as well as theory classes.
Blood Donation Program:
Every year our College conducts a Blood Donation Camp with the combined efforts by our NCC, YRC & NSS organisations.
Organ Donation Program:
Our college conducts organ donation awareness program to motivate the youth about the importance of organ donation, number of cadets have put up their will to donate the organs.
This is the place where each cadets are groomed to know about, What is NCC? How to develop their physique? How to develop the leadership quality?
Trekking gives an idea about hilly region, map reading, estimation of distance, direction prediction etc. Usually every year our college permits our cadets for a trek.
NCC cadets are encouraged in volunteer activities in various college events such as College Day, Fine Arts Day, Sports Day,Graduation Day etc.
NCC cadets actively participate in celebrations like Independence Day, Republic day and International Yoga Day
Maj. S.Edwin Gladson