Institution's Innovation Council
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India has established Ministry of Human Resource Development’s Innovation Cell (MIC) to facilitate the culture of systematic Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them with new ideas and transform them into minimum viable product. MIC has envisioned to create and network such Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs) across selected HEIs to promote innovation in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion eco-system in the campus.
To actively involve in developing the paradigm of innovative mindset, devise guidelines for promoting innovation and incubation among students and faculty members, and creating a robust innovation and Startup ecosystem across the institute.
- To develop a system with required infrastructure that can empower students and faculty to innovate and prototype their ideas with industrial standards.
- To support initiatives for innovations, startups and in handling Intellectual Property rights which will boost our education system and there by growing the national economic and social development.
The primary mandate of IIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes.
- To establish institutional mechanisms, processes and guidelines to generate knowledge, intellectual properties and innovations from institute and commercialization of innovations through technology transfer, technology licensing and startups etc.
- To build and strengthen potential entrepreneurs, and create a mentor pool for student innovators at the Institute on regular basis.
- To build infrastructure support and facilities to promote innovation & startup within an outside the institute