St. Xavier's Catholic College of Engineering hostel is established to provide residential facilities with homely atmosphere for the deserving students studying in the institutions managed by our management. This is with a capacity to accommodate 200 students, and is situated in close proximity to the college.
A women's hostel with a capacity of 180 students is constructed at close quarters to the college. Students desirous of staying in the hostels should express their option to stay in the hostel in the prescribed form. The option forms should be handed over to the warden.
Rules & Regulations
- Students have to pay prescribed fee before joining the hostels, otherwise, they will not be permitted to stay in the hostels. Payment in installments is not permitted.
- No students should stay in the hostel when the college is working without specific permission form the Warden.
- The Mess Timings are: Breakfast :7.30 am – 8.00 am, Lunch: As provided in the College Time Table, Tea :3.30 pm-4.00 pm, Dinner : 7.30-8.00 pm
- The study hours in the hostel are 9.00 am and 12.00 noon (on holidays) and 8.30 pm to 10.30 pm daily. During the study hours, the students are expected to stay in their rooms and keep their rooms open. They should avoid group discussions.
- Students can entertain the visitors only during visiting hours. The normal visiting hours are from 4.00 pm to 6.00 pm on working days and from 2.00 pm to 6.00 pm on Sundays and other holidays.
- Permission to go out of the hostel will ordinarily be given only once in a month on a holiday. They can leave the hostel after 6.30 am and should return before 6.00 pm.
- No student will be allowed to leave the hostel based on a phone call. Phone calls from outsiders, other than parents of the students, are strictly prohibited.
- Parents are requested to give a list of authorized visitors, local guardians who alone will be permitted to visit the students in the hostel. Visitors other than those given in the above list should get an authorization from the parents or the parents should intimate the proposed visit to the Principal in advance.
- Students will ordinarily be permitted to go home only if the College is closed continuously for 5 days or more. Students going out of the hostel either in the city or on a holiday should enter the date and time of leaving the hostel and date and time of returning to the hostel.
- Any student willing to attend a function in the house, marriage or any other ceremony will be permitted to go only if the request is made directly by the parents to the Principal.
- Local guardians authorized by parents of the students are intended to take care of the student's welfare and provide moral support. They may visit the students periodically during visiting hours. Students are not permitted to stay in the local guardian's houses overnight nor the local guardians invite their wards to their houses on phone.
- Parents, local guardians and visitors can meet the students only in the visitors hall and not in any other place. Students are discouraged from taking their friends along with them when they meet the visitors.
- Day scholars are not allowed to visit the hostels on any account.
- Hostel students are not permitted to use the College bus which is meant for only day scholars.
- Unauthorized electrical fittings and gadgets should not be used in the hostel rooms.
- Students who do not pay their hostel dues or found guilty of misbehavior or bad conduct will be expelled from the hostel.