The Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC) of SXCCE was started in 2009 with the support from Department of Science & Technology, Government of India at St.Xavier's Catholic College of Engineering to refresh the exploring brains of our institution. To encourage students of college from all the discipline's to consider Self -employment as a career option, also provide training in Entrepreneurship through modular courses. Thus becoming "job generators" rather than "job seekers".
The Entrepreneurship Development Cell of our college organizes Entrepreneurship Awareness Camp (EAC) for students to create awareness among the students about various facets of entrepreneurship as an alternative career option as also to highlight the merits of pursuing such an option. The Program was sponsored by National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India and supported by Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Ahmadabad. The EDC of our college organize “My IDEA Programme” sponsored by Villgro with the support of PSG-STEP, Coimbatore and IIT.
To inspire, train and make our students into innovative entrepreneurs, marching towards universal leadership.
This institution is committed to developing entrepreneurship among students through education, innovative training and providing strategic support & incubation facilities for startups and helping them succeed with global reputation.
- Create awareness on entrepreneurship among students through training programs.
- To identify and motivate budding students
- To facilitate budding students by providing information on entrepreneurial opportunities
- To create data base and networking to help students
- To assist students in product development
- To help students to acquire necessary managerial skills to run the industry effectively
- Students will have inspiration to start business.
- It will generate employment opportunities.
- To help the upliftment of the society.
Activities Under EDC
- Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps (Supported by NSTEDB, DST-NIMAT Govt. of India)
- Business Plan Competitions
- Seminars for Entrepreneurship Awareness
- Technology based Entrepreneurship development program
- Inspiring Lecture series from Eminent Entrepreneurs
- Workshops on Idea Generation
- Workshops on Business Opportunities Identification
- Business planning and training, Business Model Formulation
- Campus corporate connect through Industrial Visit
- Legal Awareness for Budding Entrepreneurs
- Innovation based project Idea Evaluation and Competition
- Seminars on Patent Drafting and Registration
- Workshops on Intellectual Property Rights for Budding Entrepreneurs
- Study visits to Industries, Research labs and much more……