Programme: B.E Computer Science and Engineering
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO1: To ensure that the graduates will have the ability and attitude to acquire new skills and adapt recent technological changes
PEO2: To prepare the graduates to serve in the industries related to Computer Science and Engineering, or as entrepreneurs or to do higher education and research
PEO3: To ensure that the graduates will work with professionalism and ethics by contributing to the advancement of the society
Program Outcomes (POs)
1.Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2.Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3.Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4.Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5.Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6.The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7.Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8.Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9.Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10.Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11.Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12.Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
PSO1: Develop and automate business solutions using cutting-edge technology by exhibiting design and programming expertise.
PSO2: Ability to design, implement, and develop applications and appraise environmental and social issues with ethics to manage different projects in inter-disciplinary fields.
PSO3: Strong theoretical foundation leading to innovative research, to provide elegant solutions to complex real-world problems
Programme: M.E Computer Science and Engineering
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
1. To enable graduates to pursue research, or have a successful career in academia or industries associated with Computer Science and Engineering, or as entrepreneurs.
2. To provide students with strong foundational concepts and also advanced techniques and tools in order to enable them to build solutions or systems of varying complexity.
3. To prepare students to critically analyze existing literature in an area of specialization and ethically develop innovative and research oriented methodologies to solve the problems identified.
Program Outcomes (PO)
1. Ability to independently carry out research/investigation and development work to solve practical problems.
2. An ability to write and present a substantial technical report/document.
3. Students should be able to demonstrate a degree of mastery over the area as per the specialization of the program. The mastery should be at a level higher than the requirements in the appropriate bachelor program.
4. Efficiently design, build and develop system application software for distributed and centralized computing environments in varying domains and platforms.
5. Design solutions for real world problems by communicating and effectively working with professionals in various engineering fields.
6. Pursue research orientation for a lifelong professional development in computer and automation arenas.