- Patron : Correspondent
- Chief Advisor : Principal
- Faculty Advisor : Women Staff
- Executive members : Women Staff from departments-04
- General body : Women Staff
Squad for Monitoring Dress Code
- Mrs.Y.R.Annie Bessant
- Mrs S Jasmine Suguna
- Mrs T.S.Sheela Shiney
- Dr.M.M.Janeela Theresa
- Mrs.S Sheela Balanta
- Mrs.J.S.Simi Mole
- Mrs.A.Maria Sheela
Internal Complaints Committee
- Mrs.Punitha Shaya Mry Francis
- Mrs.A.M.Alice Margret
- Mrs.J.Jessy mol
- Mrs.P.R.Sheeba Rani
- Mrs.Arthi Jannie.A
We envision a world in which all girls regardless of race, ethnicity, income level or social status are nurtured and empowered to reach their fullest potential.
Our mission is to attain gender-equality in a democratic Indian society, to which end we focus our efforts on promoting the educational, cultural, social, hygienic development, including advocating for women’s rights, eliminating discrimination against women, advancing women’s capacities and leadership skills, promoting their participation
The Women’s cell had its inception in the year 2002. Under the patronage of Rev. Fr. Dr. Hilarius, Rev. Fr. Jesu Marian, Rev. Fr. Dr. A.Maria William and the direction of our principal Dr. S. Joseph Sekhar, our chief advisor, the cell has grown in leaps and bounds. Dr. Mary Metalin, Associate Professor, Department of Humanities and sciences is the faculty advisor who steers the cell along with her team members, student representative and executive members from various disciplines.
Year of Establishment : 2002
Women students - 140
Successors list - Faculty Advisor
- Mrs. Anne Shyla, 2008- 2015
- Dr. Mary Mettalin, 2015- till date
Aims and Objectives
To enable the students to
- Accept themselves , enhance self esteem, self confidence and to maintain relationship with peer group.
- Be aware of holistic health and empowerment so that they can pick up any challenge with physical, emotional, mental and spiritual stability.
- Incorporate hygienic habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere.
- Get their grievances redressed through the internal complaints committee.
- Be aware of their legal rights and safeguard them.
- Develop critical thinking and work with team spirit.
- Grow in decision making abilities in areas like education, employment and health
- To primarily address their own issues without looking to others for help and assume a responsible role.
- Organise employment course with collaboration.
- The web was designed by Ms.P.Dafflin Merly of III year ECE A student in the year 2016.
- The emblem was designed by J.Dhibhia of III year ECE A student in the year 2016.
Under the patronage of Rev. Fr. Dr. A.Maria William and the direction of our principal Dr. S. Joseph Sekar, our chief advisor, the cell has grown in leaps and bounds during this academic year 2016-17. Dr. Mary Metalin, Associate Professor, Department of Humanities and sciences is the faculty advisor who steers the cell along with her team members, student representative and executive members from various disciplines. The following staff members functioned as the executive office bearers. Mrs.Y.R.Annie Bessant (Secretary) Mrs S Jasmine Suguna (joint-secretary) Mrs.S.V.Kayalvizhi(Treasurer)
Student Office Bearers:
President : X.Sahaya Asin Sandhya IV IT
Vice President : Dhibhia A.J. III ECE
Secretary : A.Ramsi IV ECE
Joint Secretart : M.Munavasra SherinIII CE
Treasarer : Fenija IV CE
Joint Treaserer : Delfin J, III CSE
We conducted 9 awareness programmes for the first year BE and ME, MCA students about health and hygiene, goal setting, food habits, self confidence, relationship, motivational aspects, tips to be a successful woman on12,17,18,22 August16 and 2,12, Sep'2016. ( write their names )are the resource persons of these awareness programmes.
Two staff members Mrs. D. Mary Mettalin and Mrs. Y. R. Annie Bessant and 13 students participated in an inter - disciplinary workshop on m-diabetes management at Annammal Nursing College, Kuzhithurai on 20.01.2017
Ten students and 15 staff participated in a rally from Manali to Thuckalay for "Brutality against women" on 25.11.16 organised by Tamilnadu Wonmen's development Forum, Kanyakumari
We organised a one day seminar on 28.01. 17 on " Health and hygiene" in which Dr. Reena Evency, Principal, St. Xavier's Catholic College of Nursing, Nagercoil visited the cell.
Our cell started an women empowerment course " Thai- Chi" on 30.01.2017 in which 30 students are benefitted.
Cultural competitions are conducted among the women students on 22.02.2017.Twenty seven students( write their names ) got cultural awards in inter-college competition on Womenfest organised by Sree Ayappaa college for women, chunkankadai and AMMA TV on 10,11 March 2017. Miss Angela Mathias of II ME got Kala Srishti '17 award in an inter-college competition on Womenfest organised by Sree Ayappaa college for women, chunkankadai and AMMA TV on 10,11 March 2017.Our women cell brought overall Champion award in Kala Srishti '17 on the Womenfest organised by Sree Ayappaa college for women, chunkankadai and AMMA TV on 10,11 March 2017.